Tampa Bay is experiencing the hottest summer on record .
Yes, hotter than hot.
Many of you may be having issues with cooling your homes in this high humidity and heat. If you believe your A/C is struggling to keep up, there could be several reasons for this.
Here are some tips and advice to help you cool off:
- Be sure to always use a fresh filter. This gives the airflow a completely unobstructed path through the unit.
- Your A/C unit may be undersized for the existing heat load in your home.
- Your A/C unit may need a tune up. We offer comprehensive 20-point inspections and tune – ups for much less than a day at Disney!
- You may not have enough insulation in your attic. Your precious, cool air is rising and escaping.
- Prune back your shrubs and eliminate debris around your outdoor AC unit.
- Spray down the condenser with your hose.
- Do your laundry and run your dishwasher early in the morning or at night when it is “cooler” outside.
- Do not close vents, as your A/C unit has to dispense air evenly without excess pressure.
- Keep your blinds closed during the day-light hours.
- Cook outside instead of using the stove or oven.
A/C not cooling properly? Call us now. We are here for you 24/7 with no overtime charges, ever.
Airmasters.net (813) 234-2419