Bathroom exhaust fans are really an essential part of any home.
They help to remove odors, humidity and pollutants from the air, resulting in a more healthy and comfortable bathroom environment.
There are many advantages to having a quality bathroom exhaust fan. Drawing out stale, impure air and removing moisture from the air is an obvious benefit. This is important because moisture can lead to mold and mildew growth, a health hazard. Long- term exposure to excess humidity can crack and peel paint and wallpaper, ruin wallboard, warp doors, rust cabinets and fixtures, and even cause deterioration of joists and framing above the bathroom.
These fans also help to remove pollutants from the air, including chemical fumes from cleaning products.
Bathroom exhaust fans work by pulling air out of the bathroom and venting it outside. They are typically installed in the ceiling or on the wall and are connected to a duct that leads outside. When you turn on the fan, it pulls air through the duct and out of the bathroom.
There is a large variety of bathroom exhaust fans currently on the market. When choosing the right one for your space, here are a few things to consider:
1. Size—A larger bathroom will require a more powerful fan to effectively remove moisture and odors.
2. Noise Level—Some bathroom exhaust fans can be quite loud. If you prefer a quieter environment, choose a fan with a low sone rating.
(Below 0.9 Sones=Ultra-quiet bathroom fans)
3. Airflow Capacity—This is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM). The higher the CFM, the more air the fan can move. Look for a fan with a CFM rating appropriate for your bathroom size.
4. Energy Efficiency—This will help you lower your electricity bill. Fans with Energy Star certification are a good choice, as they meet strict energy efficiency guidelines.
5. Style and Design—Bathroom exhaust fans come in a variety of models, colors and shapes to match your bathroom decor. You can now also find bath fans with LED lights and wireless Bluetooth speakers!